Best Books 2002

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Wed Jan 8 07:49:11 EST 2003

> I wrote:
> > here's a few that have hit the critical mass of mentions here
> > and elsewhere and I'm going to try to get hold of them:
> > Martha Wells, Tim Powers, R. A. MacAvoy, Rosemary Edghill,
> > Gail Carson Levine, Delia Sherman, Michael Swanwick.

>Sallyo wrote:
> Which Rosemary Edghill? I have 5 of them, I think - very different.

Any, really, to get a taste of how she writes and see if I want to track
down more by her. Maybe The Sword of Maiden's Tears, I think that's the
start of a series?
I often find that even if I don't like a particular book for some reason I
can tell I like the author's style and would want to try another book- like,
oh, Ursula le Guin (or dwj), who have written some books that are pretty
different from each other, but are all enjoyable.
Jennifer