Best Books 2002 (OT)

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 16:07:15 EST 2003

--- hallieod at indigo.ie wrote:
> Jenwa (on _The Fall of the Kings_):
> >
> >While I'm still working on a Best of 2002 list, I
> feel
> >the need to pop up briefly and defend "The Fall of
> the
> >Kings" by Ellen Kushner and Delia Sherman.
>
> I just happened across this on the Greenman review
> site, and hadn't
> realised that it was a sequel to _Swordspoint_.
> Have you read that?
> I liked it, though it's been a while.

I haven't read _Swordspoint_... Actually, I haven't
read anything else by either of them.  I should
definitely look into that.  My impression is that
_Swordspoint_ is the same world as _The Fall of the
Kings_ but that they're set in different time periods,
so _The Fall of the Kings_ is not a direct sequel?
Though I could be wrong... Hmm.  Hopefully I'll read
it soon and can explain better then.  Glad to hear
that you liked it -- it inspires me to track it down
sooner rather than later.

--jenwa.