Best Books 2002

Denise DeGraf mustang at sonic.net
Mon Jan 6 11:08:17 EST 2003

Robyn Starkey danced around singing:
>I am sitting here reading this just before going to teach introductory
>literature courses for the first time this semester, and boy does reading
>these comments make me not want to go. Sigh. You might pass without
>reading the book, but there's no guarantee your poor instructor won't BITE
>your essay.

Oh, I don't know... I get substantially better grades and "wowee, I'm
impressed" type comments from profs when I haven't bought the book or
attended lecture, than when I have done both/either.  Which is fine with
me, given the majority of texts I'm required to read for class aren't ones
I'd voluntarily touch with a ten-foot pole.

Denise DeGraf ~~ http://www.sonic.net/mustang/moggy
"You're down as expendable.  You don't get a weapon."
    -- Diana Wynne Jones (Dark Lord of Derkholm)