Best Books 2002

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 6 09:39:32 EST 2003

>I can probably fake my way through the discussion.  It's amazing how
>intelligent you can sound knowing only a few key plot points and maybe a
>critical opinion or two.  Of course, this is bad if you come up against
>someone who actually *knows* the text in question, but then you just shut up
>and listen.  That makes you seem like a genius.
>
>You're not supposed to reveal how I managed to graduate college, dear.

I am sitting here reading this just before going to teach introductory
literature courses for the first time this semester, and boy does reading
these comments make me not want to go. Sigh. You might pass without reading
the book, but there's no guarantee your poor instructor won't BITE your essay.

Robyn