Best Books 2002

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon Jan 6 03:35:46 EST 2003

---Original Message From: Melissa Proffitt
>Ha!  I managed to participate - wait - I *started* the Tess & Hexwood
>discussion, based on Philip's idea - without either of our having
>read Tess. It should be no bother for you to know what I'm talking
>about.  Assuming I can collect my wits enough to write it up (and
>know myself what I'm talking about!).

I can probably fake my way through the discussion.  It's amazing how
intelligent you can sound knowing only a few key plot points and maybe a
critical opinion or two.  Of course, this is bad if you come up against
someone who actually *knows* the text in question, but then you just shut up
and listen.  That makes you seem like a genius.

You're not supposed to reveal how I managed to graduate college, dear.

Jacob Proffitt