The Merlin Conspiracy interview on Bookseller

Fri Feb 28 11:08:25 EST 2003

On 28 Feb 2003 10:02:47 -0000, caleb at Woodbridges.plus.com wrote:

>Sorry if someone has already pointed this out, I haven't been keeping up with all the messages lately, but there's an article/interview about "The Merlin Conspiracy" on The Bookseller website at:
>http://www.thebookseller.com/?pid=194&did=3694

Thanks for the link.  I hadn't seen this yet.  Interesting, that last
paragraph about a child's question being what sparked the book's creation.
Same thing for _Howl's Moving Castle_.  I wonder if there were any others?

That makes me think of that question authors really hate:  "Where do you get
your ideas?"  I think often what people want to know is "Where did the germ
of an idea for Book X come from?"  I'm very interested in the ideas that get
books started...like Katherine Kurtz having an elaborate dream that turned
into _Deryni Rising_, or Orson Scott Card drawing a very elaborate city map
which led to _Hart's Hope_.

Melissa Proffitt