terrible fantasy novel

Kyla Tornheim kyla at merlin.sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Feb 27 11:35:07 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> You want _The Eye of Argon_, poor soul.  In its pure, unadulterated form,
> the reading of it has been known to drive men mad and force the planets out
> of their alignment.

Ahahahahaha. Some of my fondest memories from college are of _Eye of
Argon_ readings, which attempt to make the experience one of fun instead
of torture. Really, if you're reading it by yourself, the MST3K version
is the best. If you can convince friends to read it too, though, it's
great. The way we did it was get one printed copy, sit in a vague circle,
hand the printout to someone, and start reading. When the person reading
laughs, the printout gets passed to the next person.

One of my friends, the second time he went to an _Eye of Argon_ reading,
was determined to get through a sentence, since the first time he'd gone,
he'd made it through perhaps three words. And that was with the printout
going around the circle several times.