Crusader

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Feb 27 19:10:37 EST 2003

I just wanted to comment on two books I just read:

The first was Vivian Vande Velde's _Heir Apparent_, which I liked in a
comforting way.  It's about a girl's experience in a virtual reality game,
and at times the message is overly obvious, and the main character a
little slow, but I enjoyed reading it.  Because of that, I picked up a
book that sounded vaguely similar: Edward Bloor's 'Crusader.'  Bloor also
wrote "Tangerine" which I haven't read yet. . ..  This book also has stuff
going on with vr, but not nearly to the extent that I thought it
would.  That is, it's not fantasy, and it's not sf, but it's a really
really good ya novel.  so i'm reccomending it ;)

lizzie