terrible fantasy novel

Wed Feb 26 21:08:31 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:41:01 +0000, christian nutt wrote:

>awhile ago someone gave out a url to this completely hideous and awful
>fantasy novel. IIRC it wasn't melissa but she had mentioned it by name which
>touched this off. i can't remember the name or any details about it
>unfortunately, so i can't search the ML archive. anyone know what i'm
>talking about and can give me the link?

You want _The Eye of Argon_, poor soul.  In its pure, unadulterated form,
the reading of it has been known to drive men mad and force the planets out
of their alignment.  Several links, as well as related material, can be
found here:

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/sf/argon.htm

My preference is for the MST3K version, which I have printed out somewhere
so that if I really need to be cheered up, there's no waiting.  And I
learned about it because of Elise, who either isn't around anymore (sob) or
has been awfully quiet of late.  Come back, Elise!

>i want it because of a discussion touched off by this link, which amused me:
>
>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57528-2003Feb11.html

I'm officially amused as well.  Poor guy.

Melissa Proffitt
who always exhibits love and kindness
towards truly execrable fiction,
unless she is in a bad mood