Yet Another Enforced Absence

christian nutt ferricide at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 18:35:57 EST 2003

hallie remarks:

>Also read HP & the Goblet of Fire, about which I will say nothing (such
>self-restraint!) except that I *hated* the diet bit, at the beginning.  Not
>only did all the old fat=nasty stuff come up again in spades, but it was
>compounded with a heavy dose of "healthy food"=deprivation, which I'm still
>close enough to nutrition training to despise.  Never mind!

come on! lay into it! it'll be such fun, and maybe speed up your recovery.
=)

though don't you think a lot of that section is to illustrate how utterly
clueless aunt .. uh .. whatever .. is? i mean, i don't think that JKR is
suggesting that this is the sort of diet that's sensible. it's played for
laughs at how utterly stupid the dursleys are. surely that's obvious and
permissable? (yes, it is trite. the dursleys are very trite.)

christian.