On cataloguing books

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Feb 21 14:42:45 EST 2003

>  >--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
>
>I think it's my destiny.  We were watching the remake of "The Music Man"
>last Sunday (Matthew Broderick, and the kids all said "Hey, that's Mouse
>from 'Ladyhawke'!") and when they got to the part about the old guy leaving
>the library building to the city and ALL THE BOOKS to the librarian, I got
>chills.  ;)
>
>Melissa Proffitt

"He left River City the library building, but he left all the books to her!
Chaucer!
Rabelais!
BALZAC!!"

Gotta love Meredith Willson!

Eight blunders of the world that lead to violence: wealth without
work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character,
commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without
sacrifice, politics without principle, and rights without
responsibilities.
Mahatma and Arun Gandhi

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net