Great & Terrible Quest

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Thu Feb 20 16:31:28 EST 2003

Jon wrote:
> I've now looked her in the British Library catalog (I
> should have done that first for a British author - but
> I couldn't remember the URL, which I could for LofC)

In cases like this it's always worth also checking COPAC, which is a
catalogue comprising not only the British Library catalogue but a bunch of
others in the UK and Ireland (including Oxford and Trinity College Dublin).
It tells you the titles and which of the member libraries holds it, which I
find invaluable in my own research. Anyway, on a number of occasions a
search there has thrown up titles that were not to be had from the BL, even
though it's a copyright library. The COPAC URL is
http://www.copac.ac.uk/copac/. If you don't know it, check it out.

Having said that, it didn't add anything to your Lovett list!

Charlie