cons [OT]

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Wed Feb 19 18:47:02 EST 2003

>And I must admit that the con in Margaret Ball's Reva
>Konneva stories is a close second; can I admit that now that she's on the
>list?

How lovely! I'm glad you liked "Salamandercon," but I have to tell you,
the fictional version is a lot more fun than its real-life model,
Armadillocon, which (last time I looked) was run by very serious-minded
literary people who disapprove of dressing up and/or acting silly. In
fact, the few times I've been a panelist there I've had to fight the
urge to start screaming, "Lighten up, people, this is ENTERTAINMENT!"
 Personally I like cons where people put on ridiculous costumes, as long
as I am not expected to follow suit; gives one something interesting to
look at between sessions.

Boskone is the biggie in the northeast, but I think it's just over. SFWA
(http://www.sfwa.org/) has some links to various convention listings on
its Links page, you might look there. A lot of cons have their own
websites now, so if you see one you're interested in it's worth googling
to see what you can turn up on it.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com