Great & Terrible Quest

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 23:59:14 EST 2003

> Did anyone ever hear of a book called "The Great and Terrible Quest"?

Yup. Got a used copy too. Dam fine piece of storytelling.

I never found more than one other Lovett, although I understand she wrote
several. The other one I found was in the library and called something like
Jonathan. Set in the early part of the industrial age. Rather similar to
Quest in general, particularly the grimness level. Nobody is the lost heir to
anything. But the title character manages to get a number of younger children
to safety and finds himself a decent home.