Geofrey Trease

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 18 05:29:13 EST 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 03:52, Devra at aol.com wrote:

> Trease wrote several other historicals.  One was about a young Greek
> boy named Alexis who wrote a play, and got it produced by having his
> uncle pretend he was the author.

Oh! Did he write the one about the Olympic Games as well?

> In my youth, she said, cackling happily, I read Sue Barton.  7 or 8
> books, following her from student to head nurse.

Oh yes, me too. I actually wanted to be a nurse for a while.

(And Malory Towers. There was a strict division in my peer-group between
girls who liked Malory Towers and girls who liked <the other
boarding-school series by Enid Blyton>. You were allowed to *read* the
other thing, but never to *approve* of it.)

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.          http://www.valdyas.org/irina
http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/          Latest: 08-Feb-2003