Geofrey Trease

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Feb 17 21:52:04 EST 2003

Trease wrote several other historicals.  One was about a young Greek boy
named Alexis who wrote a play, and got it produced by having his uncle
pretend he was the author.  Then, Trease set a book in the Renaissance, which
involves two kids finding and obtaining a copy of Alexis' play for their
patron, who wants to print copies using his new-fangled printing press.

Not to be confused with Treece, whose books are much grimmer (but also
historical).

In my youth, she said, cackling happily, I read Sue Barton.  7 or 8 books,
following her from student to head nurse.  Very advanced for their time--she
has a fight with her husband, and a trial separation!  Author Sue Boylston
was I believe a descendent of Clara Barton and the lady who wrote the
Midwife's journal....  Not to be confused with Cherry Ames, Awful Author.

Did anyone ever hear of a book called "The Great and Terrible Quest"?

Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com