Publishing (was Marlow books (was Childhood favourites))

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Mon Feb 17 17:20:45 EST 2003

>it's one of those issues that makes me despise publishers.  And a
>motivation to want to show them up because they are so poorly run.

There was an extremely funny column in Locus about 10 years back,
purporting to be a report on the American publishing industry by an
alien life form from another world who'd been sent to spy on them. At
the end of the column the spy was dragged out and executed because it
was obvious to his interlocutors that he had to be making the whole
thing up, NOBODY would do business that way!

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com