Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 05:31:42 EST 2003

Dorian wrote:
>  Except Roger Lancelyn Green's "The Luck of Troy" which is a
> great retelling of the end of the siege.  I still have that.

Oh, I had that! It fell to bits in the end. The Luck of Troy was a statue of
Athene, and the Greeks had to steal it for the city to fall. I loved the
creepy scene where Helen is walking round the Horse calling out in the
voices of the Greek leaders' wives. (I must admit I like Terry Pratchett's
take on it with the Tsortean War in Eric, as well, with Helen having had
several children during the seige and got middle-aged.)
Jennifer