Corbenic

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 04:45:12 EST 2003

 I've never seen any
> convincing evidence that Druidism was pre-Celtic

I've never seen ANY evidence for that, convincing or not. Lots to the
contrary, from J Caesar on...

which
> means Stonehenge was 1,000 years old when the Druids
> arived.

But I suppose it's just possible that the Druids (like their self-appointed
modern successors) made some ritual use of the place - it is rather
obviously impressive. A bit like turning Hagia Sophia into a mosque - or
indeed, building Xian churches on all those Celtic temenoi (that may not be
the correct plural, but I'm too lazy to look it up).

SPOILER SPACE (Merlin Conspiracy)

More ideas on what to do with Stonehenge will appear in the MC in a couple
of months - which constitutes my very first cataphoric ObDWJ!

Charlie