Marlow books (was Childhood favourites)

Liina Poropudas lina at niksula.hut.fi
Mon Feb 17 01:23:56 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> >You know, every five or ten years the publishing industry makes a big
> >noise about how new computer technology is going to let them print books
> >on demand and then you'll be able to buy a copy of anything anybody has
> >ever put on disk.  Wouldn't it be nice if they actually DID it one of
> >these days?
>
> Wait for the printers.  We've been watching the technology for a few years
> and it shouldn't be long before it's economically feasible.  Then we just
> have to work on permissions, royalties, etc....
>
> Get my husband talking about it.  It's sort of a dream of ours to run this
> kind of bookshop.

There's actually a print-on-demand -bookshop in Helsinki nowadays. It
feels kind of experimental - they don't do very many books. But it's
there, and they do have some out-of-prints. So there's hope. And you'd
sort of _assume_ that permissions & royalties -related issues would be
easier to clarify than with e-books :-)

--

	- Liina