Marlow books (was Childhood favourites)

Sun Feb 16 23:11:51 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:14:16 -0600, Margaret Ball wrote:

>> My sister (who has had several books published, mostly under her
>> maiden name) offered "Maker" to Antonia Forest's own publisher, but it
>> was rejected because of "insufficient projected sales".
>

>You know, every five or ten years the publishing industry makes a big
>noise about how new computer technology is going to let them print books
>on demand and then you'll be able to buy a copy of anything anybody has
>ever put on disk.  Wouldn't it be nice if they actually DID it one of
>these days?

Wait for the printers.  We've been watching the technology for a few years
and it shouldn't be long before it's economically feasible.  Then we just
have to work on permissions, royalties, etc....

Get my husband talking about it.  It's sort of a dream of ours to run this
kind of bookshop.

Melissa Proffitt