Fri Feb 14 18:16:48 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:14:30 -0000, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

>I know I read a *lot* of Greek myth as a child (loved the Argonauts and
>Theseus), but aside from Homer (can still see the black-and-orange covers of
>those books!), I can't at all recall *where* I found the stories.  What
>books I had, who they were by...none of it!

I just rediscovered _D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths_ which turned out to be
the one I devoured as a child.  Or, rather, the only one I specifically
remember reading.  Fascinating how NOT heroic Hercules turned out to be.
But the kids loved it.  Other than this, I'm also uncertain about sources.
I think it's because the stories were so interesting that I didn't pay
attention to where I was reading them.  I have a vague memory of reading a
very comprehensive Norse mythology in a dark-blue binding...nothing more.

Melissa Proffitt