Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 17:14:08 EST 2003

--- "Dorian E. Gray" <israfel at eircom.net> wrote:

> loved the Argonauts

The argonauts hold a special place in the memories of
many who were children in Australia in the '60s and
earlier. There was a radio program with an argonaut
theme, in which listeners were invited to join up as
"argonauts" and were given a "ship" and "number". I
listened to the program but never enrolled, those who
did can still quote their details. As well as its
Greek mythology links the program featured readings of
children stories, often Australian. I have very fond
memories of "the Muddle-headed wombat". My other early
introduction to Greek mythology was from a book of
Greek legends by the ubiquitous Enid Blyton.

Jon