On cataloguing books (was Re: Obscure Childhood favorites)

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Fri Feb 14 01:02:03 EST 2003

---Original Message From: Melissa Proffitt
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:13:48 -0700, Jacob Proffitt wrote:
> >
> >And Glen Cook's Garret novels!  Don't forget those!
> >
> I haven't gotten to those yet.  But I don't know if the
> detective aspect is more important than the
> urban-fantasy-world aspect.

It's *definitely* detective.  The thing is, I think the urban part of it's
urban fantasy aspects are derived from those early gum-shoe novels than from
the later urban-fantasy movement.

Jacob