Thackeray

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Thu Feb 13 02:40:13 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/12/2003 10:36:10 PM Pacific Standard Time, Melissa
writes:

> And the poor guy is still taking second place as far as modern readers are
> concerned.  :)  I haven't even read ANY of Thackeray's books, and I did
> read
> two (three if you count _A Christmas Carol_) of Dickens's.

Well, then, you ought. According to Antonia Forest, or at least one of her
characters, those who dislike Dickens frequently love Thackeray, and vice
versa. He's a little bit more, hm, something between Trollope and Twain. It
must come from hanging about in the T's so much.

Helen Schinske