: Re: Childhood favourites (Was Oh the

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 21:54:22 EST 2003

Deborah wrote

<And I have to add The Rainbow Fish to the
"completely vile message
packaged in sugar" category.>

When I stayed at a friend's last year her little
boy, Alex, made me read that damned thing to him
over and over again. I came to the same
conclusion about it that many on this list have.
On all my subsequent visits I've made sure it's
at the bottom of the book box..............
(When I asked his Mum about it it was a present
and she wasn't too keen either.)

I could tell I wouldn't like the Giving Tree but
can anyone fill me in on just what the problem is
with Love You Forever?

=====
Ven