jstallcup at juno.com jstallcup at juno.com
Wed Feb 12 21:30:43 EST 2003

Great!  There are some excellent critical books on using picture books
with older students, including one, I believe by John Stephens who (I
think) is Australian.  I love his work, but it's hard to get hold of
here.

I think that Pat Hutchins is British, possibly Base as well.  I use
Rosie's Walk in my class and students are always surprised at how much
there is to talk about---we can go on for hours about it, with the proper
preparation!

Jackie S.