gasp. gasp. catching. up.

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 19:43:46 EST 2003

--- deborah <deborah at suberic.net> wrote:

> The only other book
>   I've ever bought on the net is the unabridged
> two-volume 1976 edition
>   of the OED.

Sorry to have to tell you this but a two-volume OED is
still only a "Shorter OED" (always impresses the kids
at school when I point that out) we can't afford the
full 20 (or is it more now) volume set.
After that trick I usually go on to the etymology of
the words "boy" and "girl" although these are both
rather uncertain. (I'll tell later if you really want
and don't have OEDs to look it up yourself - and
remember they are uncertain)

Jon