Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 12 19:17:08 EST 2003

>Roi's favorite book right now is "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Usually he
>doesn't have much concentration for other books. He also has two "Spot"
>books that he likes because he can press the buttons to make a lot of
>noise, he's a very noisy little boy. His mummy would rather read him
>"Where the Wild Things Are", "Little Bear", "Babar the Elephant", "The
>Gruffalo" - actually, ANYTHING that is not the noisy Spot books.

How old is he? My experience is that many active toddlers strongly identify
with Max from Where the Wild Things Are (most recently my godson and my
daughter). Xanthe's imagination was really caught by the Wild things story
when she was about 18 months old, and a year and a bit later it is still a
firm favourite. Our current obsessive fave is Wanda Linda goes Berserk, the
sequel to the Terrible Underpants. An excellently funny book, but I can't
sincerely recommend it to parents of toddlers because it is a Bad
Influence. Everyone else should definitely read it.

Robyn