Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Wed Feb 12 18:55:21 EST 2003

I remember a "goodnight" book from my son's childhood... it was a LGB of the
bigger size, and it featured animals putting their young to bed -
realistically. You know - chicks under chook's wing, foal tucked against
mare's side, puppies snuggled in with bitch. On the last page, a human mum
was putting her kids to bed, then tiptoeing out of the room.

The cynic in me wondered if some children noticed What Is Wrong With This
Picture?

All the animal mums looked after their young *all night*... the human alone
nicked off to jollies like telly and sherry, leaving the kids to fend for
themselves.

Sallyo.