deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Feb 12 17:55:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
|I once heard someone suggest that the problem with _I'll Love You Forever_
|was that it was intended to be tongue-in-cheek humor, but the illustrator or
|the publisher read it seriously.  I like it a lot better if I think of it as
|hyperbole.  Otherwise...bleagh.

I've heard the same thing.

And I have to add The Rainbow Fish to the "completely vile message
packaged in sugar" category.  It leaves Love You Forver way back at the
starting gate.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
"You do not have to do everything disagreeable that you have a
right to do." 		-- Judith Martin (Miss Manners)