more fantasy categories

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 15:33:39 EST 2003

Unfortunately I seem to have deleted my first post on
this so I can no longer remember what I have already
said, however lets try to think up some more;

Childrens fantasy, often this will also fall into some
of the other categories but it is still useful to be
able list books primarily aimed at children

YA fantasy, the same thing, but rarer

Romance; never read it myself, but I understand it
exists.

Arthurian, really a sub-category of mythology - but
there is so much with so many takes on the Matter of
Britain that it deserves its own category

Weird; hard to categorise, but I don't mean the sorts
of things published in Weird Tales in the 20s and 30s,
(which this term is sometimes used to cover) some DWJ
might go here - Archer's Goon for instance.

Other; while I'm sure i can still come up with more
there is always going to be quite a volume of fantasy
that defies any easy categorisation.

Jon