hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Feb 12 11:48:27 EST 2003

Ros:

>>  > Elfrida Vipont, The Lark on the Wing and others in the series whose
>>  > titles I
>>  > can no longer remember.
>>  > About a young girl in a Quaker community (I think) who becomes a
>>  > famous
>>  > singer.
>>
>>  The Lark in the Morn, The Lark on the Wing, The Spring of the Year,
>>  Flowering Spring, The Pavilion.
>
>You're amazing--and I'm amazed that someone else has read all of the books
>I've mentioned in this email. I remember all of the Vipont books you've
>named except the last one, which I don't think I ever read.

Well, if it adds to your amazement enjoyment, there are now 4 more
listees to add to the having read Elfrida Vipont list.  Not all of
them - I had the two Larks and loved them (why did I forget these
*too*?), read them to my girls, who both loved them, and loaned them
to Dorian and Tarja.  I've never seen the middle two, but got The
Pavilion out of the library a few years ago.  I wasn't as impressed,
but that might have had more to do with switching to another
generation, which just didn't suit my taste just then.

>>  > What Katy Did--forgotten the author. Kate Seredy?
>>
>>  Susan Coolidge.
>
>Yep--can't think how I didn't remember that one.
>
>>  All these are favourites of mine too, but the only one I read as a
>>  child is What Katy Did.
>
>So did you read all the others as an adult? I thought some of them might no
>longer be available.

They're around at least.  Can't remember if in print or not, but I've
read them as an adult.

Hallie.