Actually Garth Nix now (was Re: tad williams (was Re: : fantasy monarchies))

Chris R sfa_ok2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 00:47:55 EST 2003

Charlie:
> > Surely you can't mean Susan Cooper's 'Greenwitch'
(it's Cornwall)?

Sally:
> No, Charlie; I've read the Dark is Rising series
(found it interesting, but
> a bit uneven - liked the fourth one best). This was
a romance. Evidently it
> was a reprinted early title by a writer who is still
going and quite
> respected. If I'd been her I;d have held out for a
massive rewrite. I don't
> think Susan Cooper has ever written what I'd call a
*bad* book - books not
> to my a\taste, yes, but she's an accomplished author
and knows what she's
> doing.
>
> Sallyo.
*delurks*
There's a book at the library where I work called _Sea
Witch_, by Iris Gower - could that be it, Sally? I
haven't read it, so I can't swear to its badness or
otherwise. I think it is set in Cornwall.
Chris