Childhood favourites

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 19:04:37 EST 2003

--- Ulrika Isacsson <ulrika.books at incamail.com> wrote:

> I also remember loving the book World's End Was Home
> by Nan Chauncy. Most of the book is set in Tasmania,
> which felt wonderfully exotic to me. There is also a
> pet wombat..

As Nan Chancy is/was (?) Tasmanian I guess that even
almost makes her an honorary Scandinavian (any
thoughts on this Sally?) the nickname for tasmanians
is Taswegians. She wrote about a dozen novels from the
'50s through to the '70s. two "Devils hill" and "they
found a cave" were filmed in the '80s. I read a few
but they weren't memorable to me.

Jon