Greek feet + rare mammals

Tanaqui tweaver at imbolc.ucc.ie
Tue Feb 11 11:56:37 EST 2003

Jon:

I'm delighted to hear that the world now has both platypuses
at the bottom of the gully, and in breeding programs.

+ > I'm a biodiversity advocate. A responsible one,
+ > despite or because of my _New Scientist_ subscription.

+ because of surely, I'm a regular reader myself - its
+ the main source of my science news.

depends on your reserved judgement of my claim to be "responsible" ;-)

+ > (The sort of eco-terrorist who writes that he
+ > has released "elevin" members of a hostile alien species

+ I thought he was only threatening to do so.

_New Scientist_ concluded that it was indeed shoddy Science fiction.

I concede that I should have skipped the hyperbolic prose and
called him a "cognitive eco-terrorist".

+ > Tanaqui, liking the idea of cryptid platypuses

+ Cryptozoology is a fascinating area, and it is a great
+ pity is has such little basis in fact.

True indeed.

Abominable Tanaqui