Obscure Childhood favorites

Otter Perry ottertee at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 11:26:32 EST 2003

Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> >"The Wonderful Adventures of Nils" by Selma Lagerlof.
>
> I know it as "Nils Holgerson", maybe a different translation?

No doubt.  We had a copy when I was very young that was read to
us by our parents.  Unfortunately, as we discovered to our horror,
it was the first of two volumes and we didn't have the second.

Than, about 1957, I got a copy of the whole thing, but abridged.
I don't know if the earlier one was abridged or not.

Hmmmm.  I think I'll go check out Amazon ....