Pregnancy (was Re: Moon cycles)

Tue Feb 11 11:17:21 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:01:01 +0000, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

>>Congratulations!  But hasn't anyone warned you NOT to eat the green >M&Ms?
>
>Thanks for the congratulations. But no, nobody has ever told me not to eat
>the green M&M's - I'm sure this is a joke, I just don't get it. Does it have
>something to do with "getting lucky", like the old commercials used to
>imply?

The joke is that the color green is associated with sexual arousal...so
green M&Ms are a fake aphrodisiac.  My parents used to joke about the green
M&Ms and I never got it when I was a kid...big shock when I got older to
learn what those Meaningful Glances were all about.  I was pretty dense.

>>My mother had babies in such rapid succession that when she stopped >after
>>#6, and had her first real periods in eleven years, she was a >raving
>>lunatic (pardon the pun).  It took her a while to realize that >she wasn't
>>used to PMS any more.  So she had three more babies to calm >herself down.
>>:)
>
>Wow, big family!

Jacob's family is even bigger.  We have a lot of relatives to keep track
of--and something like 30 nieces and nephews.

>As soon as I had Roi, I remember how much I missed being pregnant. I must
>like it, but for the life of me I can't remember why. I would really like to
>be able to sleep on my stomach again. Or for that matter, horizontally
>(heartburn).

I'd think you wouldn't forget those things!  I hated being pregnant and it's
only gotten worse each time.  But I actually did something similar with my
first two; Teleri was about a year old when I got pregnant with Aerin.
Looking back on it, I can't believe I even considered it.  Later children
have come further and further apart.

Melissa Proffitt