Obscure Childhood favorites

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 11 08:52:16 EST 2003

Hallie wrote:
> Are these among the more obscure or is it just me?

It can't be obscure, I've read it... it's a *lovely* book, about creatures
in the Australian bush. The Gumbles are little white squashy things that get
the giggles, and the Bottersnikes are growly spiky things that shrink in
water. The Bottersnikes are always trying to catch the Gumbles and make them
work (they squash them into jam tins from dumps- I loved that as a child,
our jam boringly came in jars.).  Full of marvelous details. I must reread
it. And are there sequels?
Jennifer