Obscure Childhood favorites

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 03:56:48 EST 2003

Jon:
. If Clement Freud is The Clement Freud (as in grandson of
> Sigi and brother of Lucian)

Yes, that's the one. Still be heard weekly on Just a Minute on BBC Radio
(catch his lugubrious tones on the Internet version). My favourite CF story
dates from when he was a Liberal MP and he took part in a parliamentary
delegation to (I think) Hungary. Amongst the party was Winston Churchill MP,
grandson of the famous one - and the Hungarians (if it was indeed them) gave
WS the best suite in honour of his famous ancestor. 'Well,' muttered
Clement, 'that's the first time I've ever been out-grandfathered!'

Charlie