Obscure Childhood favorites

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:42:21 EST 2003

>Mind you I can't think of any other scandinavian
>children's authors equally well known in the English
>speaking world.

The only other one I can think of is Maria Gripe. Not as famous as Lindgren
or Jansson, but plenty of her books have been translated. And another
Scandinavian children's book I liked a lot was _Marius_ by Rolf Doeker
(Norweigan?)
Wasn't there also a Swedish book called "The Wheel on the Schoolhouse",
about a stork's nest on a cart wheel on someone's roof?
And of course Hans Christian Andersen, but that's a different generation...

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug