Obscure Childhood favorites

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 02:33:02 EST 2003

Katta wrote:

>Okay, I'm going to mention a couple of childhood favourites that are
> >Scandinavian and thus obscure to everyone who isn't... well, here.
>
>"Ronia the Robber's Daughter" by Astrid Lindgren and "Moominsummer Madness"
>by Tove Jansson

I read and loved both, and both have been translated into Hebrew as well as
English. I was close to mentioning them on my favorites list, in fact didn't
I mention the moomins? "Moominsummer Madness" is not necessarily my favorite
of the moomin books - "Comet in Moominland" or "The Exploits of Moominpappa"
come first.