Obscure childhood favorites

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 23:32:07 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/10/2003 5:31:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, Katta writes:

> Okay, I'm going to mention a couple of childhood favourites that are
> Scandinavian and thus obscure to everyone who isn't... well, here.
>
> "Ronia the Robber's Daughter" by Astrid Lindgren
> and
> "Moominsummer Madness" by Tove Jansson

I distinctly remember making Nat Case read _Ronia the Robber's Daughter_,
sometime in the mid eighties. I had only just discovered it myself. The
Moomin books (well, most of them) were certainly around in Seattle libraries
-- I read them when I was, hm, eleven or twelve? Possibly earlier, but I
think I remember trying to read them and failing for a couple of years in a
row.

Helen Schinske