Connie Willis

EmmaComerford at aol.com EmmaComerford at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 23:17:32 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/11/03 2:11:10 PM E. Australia Standard Time,
Melissa at Proffitt.com writes:

> Oh, yes.  In fact, I probably like Willis's books more because they're never
> just one thing.  The funny ones have a serious side and the serious ones
> have funny moments.

I find it hard describing what type of books they are to friends. For eg,
someone will say that _To say nothing of the dog_ sounds more like a mystery
than science fiction, and I say it's both, plus history and romance. And I've
recommended _Bellwether_ and _Passage_ to people who don't like (in what I
must say is limited experience) science fiction or fantasy.

Actually, now I think about it, I believe many of her books are well received
(critically) outside of the SF field.