Connie Willis

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 10 21:48:19 EST 2003

>Yes, the "Schindler's List" comment that someone sent later did make me a
>bit wary.  I don't do well with reading that is *too* emotionally
>consuming...  Well, I'll see.  Thank you to everyone for the various
>comments!

I found the book draining but worth it. I am not rushing to reread it,
though. I don't like re-reading books that make me feel emotionally wrung
out. Not a sucker for punishment. Although I will confess to enjoy reading
Emily of New Moon (by L M Montgomery) despite the fact that the beginning
always made me cry. It ends more happily, though, so perhaps this is the
difference.

Robyn