Gatsby again

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 10 20:54:16 EST 2003

I just thought I would mention, because you all were talking about the
Great Gatsby the other day, that I attempted to teach it in class today.
Practically no one had read it, which is so pathetic because it is short,
accessible and they only had to read the first half of the book. I threw
out everyone who hadn't done the reading and had a nice discussion with the
5 remaining students. I find it an excellent book to teach because there
are so many things you can pick on to talk about.

Robyn