funny Titus

Ms Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Feb 10 19:54:23 EST 2003

The good news bible isn't actually a translation, it's a paraphrase. I like hearing the KJV read aloud, but there are a number of inaccuracies in the translation - often not so much the fault of the translation as the fact that English has changed since it was translated and the modern reader takes away quite a different meaning. I grew up with the NIV (new international ('infallible') version) which is far from perfect but is very readable and a lot easier to understand than the KJV. There's also a new translation out (ESV? not sure) which tries to correct a lot of the errors made by NIV, KJV, RSV, NKJV etc.
Kathleen.