Obscure Childhood favorites

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Feb 10 19:22:34 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Katarina Hjärpe wrote:

> Okay, I'm going to mention a couple of childhood favourites that are
> Scandinavian and thus obscure to everyone who isn't... well, here.
>
> "Ronia the Robber's Daughter" by Astrid Lindgren

Not obscure! Okay, well, not to me. I guess this means that I'm
obscure. :^)

I remember my sister reading this when I was very little, and then I read
it when I was a teensy bit older. I think I liked it a bit more than the
Pippi Longstocking books because Ronia seemed like a more normal (as in
not blessed with superhuman abilities) than Pippi.