Obscure Childhood favorites

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 18:42:14 EST 2003

--- Katarina Hjärpe <head_overheels at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Okay, I'm going to mention a couple of childhood
> favourites that are
> Scandinavian and thus obscure to everyone who
> isn't... well, here.
>
> "Ronia the Robber's Daughter" by Astrid Lindgren

Don't know this one, but thanks to Pippi Longstocking
AL is well enough known here for her death to have
been widely reported in the papers.

> and
> "Moominsummer Madness" by Tove Jansson

Know this one (but didn't discover it until after
childhood)
Mind you I can't think of any other scandinavian
children's authors equally well known in the English
speaking world.

Jon