Obscure Childhood favorites

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 18:13:54 EST 2003

Katta:

Okay, I'm going to mention a couple of childhood favourites that are
Scandinavian and thus obscure to everyone who isn't... well, here.

"Ronia the Robber's Daughter" by Astrid Lindgren
and
"Moominsummer Madness" by Tove Jansson

I don't know any Lindgren beyond the Pippi Longstocking books, which are
good, but I BOW DOWN IN GROVELLING AWE before the genius of Jansson (is this
getting a bit icky?). My absolute favourite is Moominland Midwinter, I
think. And I want to go to Moominland! (Check out the website -
http://www.muumimaailma.fi/2001/english/index.html - don't you yearn to be
there?)

Charlie